Staking of 2019 Car Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) returns in F1® Delta Time starting 22 February 2021! Stake your car NFTs and generate REVV which you can claim after the end of the staking period, on 23 March 2021!
In F1® Delta Time, we have always looked to utilise blockchain as deeply as possible to give benefits to our players. Our players enjoy true digital ownership over their game items because they are NFTs. To allow players to leverage the ownership of their assets, we utilise DeFi concepts with features such as NFT staking to enable play-to-earn. You can watch this video of our in-house racer Matt Solomon to learn more about NFTs, true digital ownership, and play-to-earn.
Last year we launched the first round of 2019 car NFT staking; players who staked their 2019 car NFTs earned a total of 2,040,000 REVV. This amount was taken from the 2019 Car NFT Staking Pool, which initially consisted of 12,040,000 REVV (equivalent to about US$842,800 at the time of writing). More details of the Round 1 Staking are available at this Medium post.
Starting 22 February 2021: Round 2 2019 Car NFT Staking
Between 22 February 2021 and 23 March 2021, we will run the Round 2 of 2019 car NFT Staking, with a total of 2,000,000 REVV available to be earned. These 2,000,000 REVV will be supplied (as before) by the 2019 Car NFT Staking Pool.
We originally planned to use a new smart contract, which would allow for new functions such as batch unstaking. However, we have been communicating to our players and are aware that they are eager for the launch of the second round staking. Therefore, rather than delaying Round 2 of 2019 car NFT Staking, we have decided to use the previous contract with a few non-contract based changes.
What remains the Same in Round 2 Staking
- You will be able to stake 2019 Car NFTs; earnings are determined by the total number of Cars staked by all players at any time, and the weighting of the rarity level of the Car being staked. The payout formula and weight remain the same and can be seen at this Medium post.
- You can batch-stake, sending as many 2019 cars as you wish to the staking contract.
- You need to manually claim your earned REVV.
- Cars that are staked are locked for 24 hours, so they cannot be unstaked or restaked until at least 24 hours have passed.
What is Different in Round 2 Staking
- Although it is technically the same contract from the Round 1 Staking, this is a new deployment. So in order to be eligible for earning REVV during Round 2 Staking, any currently staked cars have to be unstaked from the old contract and then be staked to the new one.
- You can claim your REVV earnings after the end of Round 2 Staking (i.e. after 23 March 2021). Note that this is a change from the weekly claim schedules used in the past.
- The payout schedule is fixed and consistent across the whole 30-day period. This is different from the previous round (which started with a high return, decreased over time, then offered the highest returns in the last week).
Unlocking the REVV Rewards of Future Staking Rounds
After payouts are made for Round 2 Staking, the 2019 Car NFT Staking Pool will still contain 8,000,000 REVV. This amount will provide the basis to calculate rewards for staking of 2019 NFTs. Here is how that amount will be used.
Every future round of staking will run for 30 days. The amount of REVV to be unlocked in successive rounds of 2019 NFT Staking will be determined by player activity (see below) recorded during the active staking round (for example, player activity during Round 3 will determine the rewards for Round 4).
The rewards for Round 3 Staking will be based on player activity between 15 February and 22 March 2021 (we’re starting a bit early to give everyone a head start).
- Grand Prix™ Mode: every 1,000 sessions unlocks 1% of 8,000,000 REVV
- Time Trial Mode: every 2,500 sessions unlocks 1% of 8,000,000 REVV
- Trading: every 50 ETH spent on the OpenSea unlocks 1% of 8,000,000 REVV
- Keys Opened: every 500 2020 Keys that are opened unlock 1% of 8,000,000 REVV
For example, assuming that during Round 2 there are 10,000 Grand Prix™ sessions, 5,000 Time Trial sessions, 100 ETH spent on OpenSea, and 450 Key openings, then the total rewards for Round 3 will be 14% (10% + 2% + 2% + 0%) of 8,000,000 REVV — i.e. 1,120,000 REVV. During Round 3, the game sessions, trading, and key openings will determine the total REVV rewards of the Round 4 Staking. And so on.
Note that REVV rewards for 2019 NFT staking are calculated based as a percentage of 8,000,000 REVV, even if the Staking pool contains less than that (i.e., the actual amount of REVV in the pool does not influence the reward structure).
This will continue until all REVV in the 2019 Car NFT Staking Pool has been paid out, or until further notice.
15 February 2021: Players’ activities start to be recorded for calculation of the rewards for Round 3 Staking
22 February 2021: Round 2 Staking, with 2,000,000 REVV rewards, begins
23 March 2021: Round 2 Staking ends
24 March 2021: REVV earnings from Round 2 Staking become claimable
29 March 2021: Round 3 Staking begins, with REVV rewards being determined by game sessions and trading and key opening activities during Round 2 Staking
Any questions, give us a shout!
If you’re new to F1® Delta Time, you can find out more about the game by checking out our Medium articles, as well as following us on Twitter. We also have an active player community on Discord, so come and join the conversation.
F1® Delta Time on Discord: https://discord.gg/EZE6mkS
F1® Delta Time on Twitter: https://twitter.com/F1DeltaTime
F1® Delta Time on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/F1DeltaTime
You can also find out more about REVV over at the official Twitter, Facebook and Telegram channels.
REVV on Twitter: https://twitter.com/REVV_Token
REVV on Telegram: https://t.me/REVVCommunity
REVV on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gaming/REVVTokenAB
What is REVV and how to get it in 3 easy steps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM3kjtAyor4
The F1 FORMULA 1 logo, F1 logo, FORMULA 1, F1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trademarks of Formula One Licensing BV, a Formula 1 company. All rights reserved.